Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

messenger alerts!

• Please log in to reply

les127

les127

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
how do i turn off messenger alerts :tazz:

Advertisements

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
Please be a little more specific. What kind of program, what kind of alerts etc. The more info you give us, the faster and better replies you'll get.

Emery

MalwareWarrior

MalwareWarrior

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Windows Messenger? If so, this is the easiest way: http://www.grc.com/f...hemessenger.exe

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
I think he is talking about Windows' Messenger Alert Service not Windows Messenger (the one that looks like MSN Messenger).

Start->Run
Type "services.msc". Press Enter. This will open the Services window.
In the right pane. Double click on "Messenger". And change its StartUp Type to Disabled.

MalwareWarrior

MalwareWarrior

• Pip
  • 5 posts

I think he is talking about Windows' Messenger Alert Service not Windows Messenger (the one that looks like MSN Messenger).

Start->Run
Type "services.msc". Press Enter. This will open the Services window.
In the right pane. Double click on "Messenger". And change its StartUp Type to Disabled.

View Post

Yeah, that's what I thought. The link I posted is a little program that turns it on and off. I'm new here so I'm still learning how you guys do things. I help out on some other boards, too. I've found it's usually easier to recommend programs, than describing how to do it manually. It's good that you guys take the time to explain things to people. :tazz: