Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

partition area on disk bad

• Please log in to reply

sad_sad

sad_sad

• Pip
  • 1 posts
my partition got fried - found a util that can rebuild it but it can't write the new table i think because the area is now in a bad sector

i have an identical drive and think a solution would be to find an imaging app that will copy the contents (1's & 0's) to the new drive and then run the partition util to rebuild and then rewrite the table on the new disk.

any thoughts as to what software i could use or a different approach would be greatly appreciated

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Whatever brand of drive you have, just go to the mfr. website and download their software. Most mfrs. have software for cloning drives, and it will usually tell you what files were defective so you can make a list and replace them.