Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BATTLEFIELD 2

• Please log in to reply

vectra

vectra

• Pip
  • 3 posts
;) unfortuanatly i dont have enough ram to play but im getting some sonn..yay...now my problem

sytem reguirements
cpu: 1.7 ghz pentium 4
ram:512
the rest i can handle...ok
video: at least 128 mb

i got
cpu: 2.20 ghz pentium 4
ram: 256 but getting more soon
video: Intel® 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics Controller 64Mb

ok i want to know if it will run when i get memory and if i need to buy something to make it run better ...
im on a limted budget and i have $100 left after buying memory what should i do at the cheapest cost for it to work well

:tazz: if only i had alienware ;)

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its not going to run very well, BF2 is great but it is a bit of a hog worth it but still a hog, even at minimum system requirements alot of games are unplayable. That gfx wont take it though you will need at least a fx 5 series card to play it.

Edited by warriorscot, 17 July 2005 - 12:47 PM.

vectra

vectra

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
whats the cheapest graphics card that i can buy for my computer to run battlefield 2 well :tazz:
and how much is it?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you need memory and video. at least 512 megs ram.

Not knowing where you live, I can't give you prices on anything except to check pricewatch, newegg, and your local stores. I would recomend nvidia 6600gt or newer. ati 9800 pro, 9600xt, x700, or x800, or 850.

I have a 9600xt and I will be upgrading it so I can experience the game in its full glory, however it is a lot better than your graphics you currently have.

if its not ati or nivia don't even consider it.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
But you need a new cpu as well not much point if you are going to get a good gfx card and ram and then limit it with a rubbish cpu.

Also do you have AGP slot, if not you are snookered and are never going to play bf2 on that computer. Mind you even if you upgrade the ram and gfx it wont play at full if thats what you want you will need to basically get a new pc for that.

Edited by warriorscot, 18 July 2005 - 06:41 AM.

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
If you want performance you can't be cheap. You get what you pay for. I would honestly suggest scrapping your current PC and buying or building your own gaming PC.

If you need suggestions on how to build your own PC PM me. You can build a decent gaming PC for under $800. Thats without Keyboard and Monitor though.

I usually laugh at people that try and play games on PCs like yours.

But, Im in a good mood so Im willing to help you.

Also, feel free to send me an IM through AIM at k9guy15716.

If you want I can make you a "Prototype" configuration that can play BF2, will be upgradable, and fits a budget.