Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor doesnt come on

• Please log in to reply

MarushA

MarushA

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
My new iiyama monitor has a rather annoying problem.

Quite often when it either switches istself off after inactivity or when i come to turn it on, the screen doesnt come on!

I just get a black screen! Normally by moving the mouse it becomes active again and wakes up but now it simply stays off. The light remains orange which means its currently switched on but not displaying anything as opposed to green which means its working properly.

The only solution for it is to switch my PC totally off and then on again which seems to wake it up.

It this likely to be a software problem (driver etc) or a fualt with the monitor?

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Sounds like it's likely a driver problem. Have you tried installing the latest video driver for your system?

MarushA

MarushA

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Nope i couldnt find the correct ones!

Im running a plug and play monitor on 256Mb ATI Radeon 9550

Where can i find the correct video driver on the ATI website!

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Here: http://www.ati.com/s.....=8&submit=GO!