Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ckeck Disk

• Please log in to reply

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
When I run check disk on removable media (like floppy A's that I use for booting) it dose not list the results of the scans, like how many bad sectors their where how big the sectors where, etc. Windows 98 did but XP dose not, also when done on the hard drive it has to reboot to do a scan and dose not display the results for a long an anought to have a proper look at them. is there any free program that is better that I can use to replace it.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
check the event viewer (control panel, admin tools). under application look for a source called winlogon.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
Thanks for this, I found what I want, and also for all the other answers that you have given me.