Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows will not start up and beeping

• Please log in to reply

Needtehhelp1234

Needtehhelp1234

• Pip
  • 5 posts
ok well, i tried to put in anouther (already having a 512 ram stick in it) 512 ram stick in my computer, and it didnt show the 512 ram. so i took the stick out along with my origanal ram stick to see what brand it was. then i put it back in and start up the computer and get a annoying beeping sound and its just a black screen doesent show anything.

Specs.

512ram
athlon 1.8prossecor
radeon 9250 256mb ram
Hp pavillon series

please help

--unknown-- :tazz:

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi, Needtehhelp1234...and welcome to G2G!

Sounds like your memory isn't seated all the way. Remove it again and press it gently, but firmly back ito the slots until they click into place. The beeps usually indicate that your mobo can't find the memory.

wannabe1

Needtehhelp1234

Needtehhelp1234

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thank you so much you saved my [bleep]!

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Glad to be of assistance, Needtehhelp1234.

wannabe1

jjric

jjric

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just tried to upgrade my memory on a HP pavilion as well. I get a message stating" WE apologize for the inconvenience but windows did not start successfully". It stays in this mode of 30 seconds to choose which method to start system. Non\e of the options work....any thoughts??

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
remove the newly added ram--it may not be compatible with your current ram

jjric

jjric

• Pip
  • 2 posts
its the same part system is HP Pavilion 8750C memory was original 64 mb, upgraded 9 months ago adding 256 mb pny part256S100/133

just removed the 64 mb and replaced with additional 256 mb of same part number....any other thoughts???any suggestions is greatly appreciated...