Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows XP will not start!

• Please log in to reply

Jmoney209

Jmoney209

• Pip
  • 5 posts
:tazz: Hey, now this is a simple problem I would really appreciate some help. Hers what happened. About a week ago I download a bootskin so when i loaded windows instead of the regular windows screen coming on before the log on page i would have a custom picture. So i downloaded it and it would bring up the 'Windows cannot load screen, this could be because a recent hardware or software change'. I try logging in all the ways that it gives me and it jus goes to the status bar page and then goes black. The thing is I downloaded the bootskin and it would jus go to that page and i would click 'Last known config' and it would log on. I then used windows registry cleaner and restarted my comp and thats when the problems arose. and i can not log in even under safe mood, last known config, or windows regularly. THANKS IN ADVANCE

Advertisements

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
what windows are you using there? can your computer boot up? please be more specific.

Jmoney209

Jmoney209

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I am using Windows Xp. When I start up my computer It will begin to log on and go to the Windows Xp status bar or loading page, then go completely black. After I restart the comp it gives my the choices to Reboot in Safe Mode, Last Known config, and Windows Normally. Each choice does the same thing and goes black. Hope that was a little more specific, thanks.

Jmoney209

Jmoney209

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
just bumpin this up....can anyone help me!!!

Stasiek

Stasiek

• PipPip
  • 76 posts
run of the windows xp cd and once it boots up it should give you the option to reinstall windows xp or repair, choose repair.

try it and see if that helps but if not you might have to do a complete reinstall of the os