Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

lsass.exe and winlogon.exe using all my cpu

• Please log in to reply

deviiliish

deviiliish

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
;) :tazz: ;)
recently my computer began to restart without notice but i have been so busy working on all my friends pcs to look at the problem but i came home the other day and was told that the pc had restarted but there was only my desktop wallpaper.there were no icons no taskbar or start menu.I could still use taskmanager to a degree but between the lsass.exe file and the winlogon.exe file they were using 100%cpu (ie lsass.exe 36% and winlogon.exe 64% or lsass.exe 43% and winlogon.exe 57%) so i restarted in safemode but it was still doing the same thing. the winlogon.exe is in the correct folder but it has a star and moon icon. i ran a scan with nortons in safemode and have found nothing ran spysweeper and only 2 adware files it seemed to correct itself while i ran a symantec fix but when it was done it went back to using 100%cpu again. i really need to work this out as i have many files that i can not afford to lose.
please help also i have noticed that 6 to 8 instances of rundll32.exe are always running i end them but they come back.
[email protected]

Edited by deviiliish, 17 July 2005 - 12:54 AM.

Advertisements

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Have you done a virus and spyware check on your computer? If not do so, to safe gaurd you from that.

Also look at the software that you have on your computer, is there a software that you installed that might be causing it?