Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

nview.dll

• Please log in to reply

Japstar

Japstar

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
Does anyone know what nview.dll is?

I'm finding that when I have an error and its asking me to send an error report the details show that the modname is nview.dll for most of my problems.

for example i tried playing a game called dethkarz and when I tried to load the game it would say Dethkarz has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

ModName: nview.dll
ModVer: 6.13.10.3190
Offset: 00009ddf

:tazz: I hope someone can help me!

Thanking you in advance
Japstar ;)

Edited by Japstar, 17 July 2005 - 03:24 AM.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
nview.dll is part of your Nvidia drivers.

Update your video card drivers and your problems will go away... unless something else is wrong too!

makai

Japstar

Japstar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Is it alright to update my graphics card because ive got Geforce4 MX420. it wont stuff up my computer would it?

Thanking you in advance
Japstar :tazz:

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Do you mean update the driver for you card?

It should be alright as long as you install the correct one.

Keep in mind that sometimes the newest, latest drivers do not work correctly. If your old driver worked before, then got corrupted, then just reinstalling the same version of the driver may cure your problem.

makai

Japstar

Japstar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Hope im not annoying you but do i have to update everything for my graphics card and how do i know if im installing the correct one?

Thanking you makai

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

Does anyone know what nview.dll is?

I'm finding that when I have an error and its asking me to send an error report the details show that the modname is nview.dll for most of my problems.

for example i tried playing a game called dethkarz and when I tried to load the game it would say Dethkarz has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

ModName: nview.dll
ModVer: 6.13.10.3190
Offset: 00009ddf

:tazz: I hope someone can help me!

Thanking you in advance
Japstar ;)

View Post

That is for your Nvidia Graphics card..... its safe.

Japstar

Japstar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
But why is this nview.dll stuffing up

Thanking you in advance

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
;) If you still have the installation drivers on your computer, turn the internet off (and unplug your computer for extra protection) and then after that, do a system scan after you have done this (you wont need to if you have AVG installed cause that auto-scans every 24 hours and will detects virus soon as they hit your computer).

After you have dont that, EXIT out of any anti virus software, reinstall the graphics drivers and then reboot your computer.

If you are having the problem where the screen flashes sonn as it is in windows it just means that the nvidia drivers did not install correctly.

I used to have that problem as well. Untill I installed it all in correctly. :tazz: ;)

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Japstar,

Part of learning about computers is reading information pertaining to whatever you are interested in. Your video card is made by Nvidia and their website is full of faqs and other helpful information.

http://www.nvidia.com/page/home.html

Just why your drivers decided to get corrupted, no one can guess. But, the only thing left to do is download and install the correct drivers to fix your problem.

The only way to find out which are the correct drivers is for you to go to Nvidia's site and read about your card.

makai

Japstar

Japstar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
So you Tony 1983 had the same problem where it would say send error report and the modname was nview.dll

Japstar

Japstar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Thanks makai for your help, it's greatly appreciated :tazz:

I'll check up on the nvidia site and post whether found it or not

Thanking you in advance
Japstar ;)

Japstar

Japstar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
I found out that if i opened up taskmanager and stopped run32dll it stopped the problem occuring.

But i decided to reformat my computer and fortunately the problem is gone.

Thanks everyone for your help