Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My computer won't come back from standby mode

• Please log in to reply

DarkSecrets

DarkSecrets

• Pip
  • 9 posts
When my computer goes into standby mode, it's won't come back. I used to be able to move the mouse or press ctrl, alt and delete and the screen would show. But it doesn't do any of that now. I have to completely shut down the laptop and then start it up again to get it to work. How can I fix it so it will go back to normal and come back from standby and hibernation modes?

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
This tends to be a software conflict problem.

What kind of laptop is this?

I don't really know how to fix this, but maybe I can direct you somewhere.

makai

DarkSecrets

DarkSecrets

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Sorry but I'm not much of a computer person. What do you mean by what kind of laptop is it?

Um..I know stuff like:
hp pavilion ze5600
and that it's a windows XP
But that's about it...Sorry.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
I've read many of your postings here. You say you just redid your laptop. It could be that you wiped out quite a few of the drivers required for your HP.

Please visit and join the HP forum. They have many good people familiar with your laptop and can probably offer better and quicker advice on how to fix your problems.

Here is the link...... http://forums2.itrc....me.do?forumId=2

makai