Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account

What does this mean

• Please log in to reply

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

Error 4226

and Im and on ADSL.

Advertisements

Les1451

Les1451

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
This may explain things for you : Click here.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
:tazz: It says things about the tcp.sys or something like that may be hacked, I have checked my system over and over again and it shows that there is nothing wronge with my computer. :tazz:

I even do firewall checks and it shows that my firewall is blocking trojans (all) and every thing else.

So it does seem that my computer is secure. Could it be another problem with windows XP? :help:

Also I noticed that the security centre says that Im running more then one firewall on my computer, and I only have one (dicluding the windows firewall) and I did used to have sygate firewall on my computer, but then I noticed that I was having trouble with it and uninstalled it and installed Zone Alarm. :help:

:yeah: This turns off the windows firewall and only allows zone alarm to be used. :yeah:

;) How can I be sure that the sygate files are removed from my computer? ;)

Or could it be something with the security centre? :help:

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Tony_1983,
It is normal to get that event dont worry.
Running programs like any P2P file sharing app, can cause this event frequently.
It means that u have exceeded the Tcp\ip connection limit of the OS.
Windows Xp with SP2 has a connection limit of only 10 (i think).
There are some fixes available to tweak this setting.
But if u still unsure, n u think u have too many open connections; Use the "netstat command in cmd, to list all active connections.

P.S.:

It says things about the tcp.sys or something like that may be hacked, I have checked my system over and over again and it shows that there is nothing wronge with my computer

That was exactly the tweak i was talkin about, that doesnt mean there is somethin wrong with ur PC.

Edited by darth_ash, 17 July 2005 - 12:46 PM.