Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Display Problem (Pink Tint)

• Please log in to reply

cam

cam

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Okay, here's the problem. When I started up my computer today, the normally all-black WinXP loading screen was tinted with green (coming from the left) and when my desktop popped up, it was tinted with pink (coming from the right). Besides that, pink lines are 'coming out' of the ends of text, windows, etc. At the beginning, the screen was also flickering, but then I raised the screen refresh rate to 70 Hz and the flickering stopped. Nevertheless, the pink lines are coming out of everything and the pink tint is spreading out from the right side of the screen.

This is becoming extremely frustrating, especially since I have a school project to do in Photoshop which I can't do because the pink tint is screwing up my ability to deal with colors. I don't know if this helps but I have an Acer AC711 (CRT) monitor with an nVidia GeForce4 MX440 with AGP8X.

Here's what it looks like, more or less (just imagine the pink tint spreading from the right):

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled_2.jpg

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
It could be your graphics card is overheating. I would shut down... like right now... and check if the fan is spinning (if the card has a fan).

makai

cam

cam

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts
The last time I had it on was around noon (it's now 7.25 p.m.)

I don't think the card has a fan.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts

I don't think the card has a fan.

You will need to verify this by opening the case. While you're in there, check all the fans to see if they're spinning.

makai

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Try someone else's monitor and see if the problem persists.