Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problem with MSN Toolbar

• Please log in to reply

MiroslavBart

MiroslavBart

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
My computer was been infected with CWS Search. So, I install SpyBot, and some other removal programms (ewido, cwsschredder). At one point, My MSN Toolbar dissapeared from Internet Explorer. When I tried to install a new version of Toolbra, I was failed, beacuse older version of programm is still there. I tried to remove older version with Add/Remove Software (in Control Panel), but that was unsuccesful. Computer informs me that older version is removed but it's still there on the Add/Remove Software list. Also, I have same problem with debris of Kazaa at my Add/Remove list. Can someone help me, please?

Advertisements

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
It seems that your AS program recognised MSN toolbar as malware and deleted it. Kazaa is garbage and is infested with malware, so any good AS program will detect and remove it too.

You shouldn't have any problems getting the toolbar again though, have you tried deleting your Temporary Internet Files and cookies?

let me know.

Edited by VirusKillersM, 17 July 2005 - 06:04 AM.

MiroslavBart

MiroslavBart

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

It seems that your AS program recognised MSN toolbar as malware and deleted it. Kazaa is garbage and is infested with malware, so any good AS program will detect and remove it too.

You shouldn't have any problems getting the toolbar again though, have you tried deleting your Temporary Internet Files and cookies?

let me know.

View Post

It didn't work.

So, I removed older version of MSN Toolbar with Your Uninstaller 2004 Basic. But, when I try to instal a new version of Toolbar it didn't work.

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
I'm not entirely sure if this will work, but it's worth a try.

Download Cleanup! and run it. It will delete all your temporary or "garbage" files and may solve the problem.

Let me know what happened.

MiroslavBart

MiroslavBart

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I'v downloaded Cleanup and run it. I'v also unninstal SpyBot, but without any effect.

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
Try searching for any files related to MSN Toolbar using windows explorer or the SEARCH option in the start menu. If found, delete them.

let me know what happened.

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
A better and faster option would be to download KillBox and to try and delete the file using it.

MiroslavBart

MiroslavBart

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I'v deleted MSN Toolbar Flode r and sucesfully installed my MSn Toolbar. Thanks. :tazz:

Dark_Side

Dark_Side

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
No problem. Glad I could assist you!

Edited by VirusKillersM, 17 July 2005 - 07:34 AM.