Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blocked images on my outlook express

• Please log in to reply

cbt131

cbt131

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
all of a sudden I cannot see any images in my emails that come from Borders, Dell, Linens n things, etc. Just the dreaded red x inside a square.

any ideas on how to fix this?

Our OS is windows xp, outlook express is our email program, I can sucessfully view images on each individual email by clicking on "blocked images" when I click on view but this doesn't stay that way nor does it remedy the problem.

Thanks,
Cheryl

Advertisements

cbt131

cbt131

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
No ideas on this one? anyone?
C.

all of a sudden I cannot see any images in my emails that come from Borders, Dell, Linens n things, etc. Just the dreaded red x inside a square.

any ideas on how to fix this?

Our OS is windows xp, outlook express is our email program, I can sucessfully view images on each individual email by clicking on "blocked images" when I click on view but this doesn't stay that way nor does it remedy the problem.

Thanks,
Cheryl

View Post

rich-m

rich-m

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hi there,

Sounds like it could be a OLEXP 6 Security option.

Have you tried this: Outlook Express > Tools > Options > Security > uncheck 'don't allow me to open attachments....'. You should be ok.

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Let us know if rich m's fix worked. We like to know.

-=jonnyrotten=- <_<

someone

someone

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I don't know if this worked for anyone else, but I was experiencing the same problems, and applied the suggested fix, and this worked. <_<

cameron8407

cameron8407

• Pip
  • 1 posts

No ideas on this one? anyone?
C.

View Post

[COLOR=blue]

Try clicking on Tools, then Options, and then the Security tab. Uncheck Block images and other external content in HTML e-mail.

Cameron