Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

looking for a little BF2 help!

• Please log in to reply

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Did you install the nVidia drivers bundled with the game. The fix the "Random Shadow" Issue and boost FPS

Advertisements

buffphan

buffphan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
MoleRulz, Warriorscott, Starjax and all,

deadlines at work, did not mean to solicit advice and then disapear!
1.I do have the latest Nvidia driver, so I will attempt to rollback tonight.
2.I have Farcry and it works fine on ultra high settings.
3. power supply that came with tower was supposedly 480w but I after a day, I started to get low power warnings from my Nvidia agent. I went right out like a good consumer and bought a new PSU at 430w but the cables that hook to the card were upped in amps compared to the "480W" PSU that came with the newegg cheapie tower. For about a month, no power issues at all.

4. I'll do a little reading about the AGP driver for my motherboard. Like I said, new at this but learing every day and enjoying this build: even though I am frustrated with performance. I just bought a 19" 12ms response time LCD, so I want to see the [bleep] game look pretty.

You guys are the [bleep], thanks for helping. You gave me my assinments and I will report back!

MOLEXRULZ

MOLEXRULZ

• PipPipPip
  • 346 posts
Your welcome man,
I think maybe ur BF2 install could be corrupt. Try reinstalling. Thats got a 50.50 chance of solving your problem

buffphan

buffphan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I did a reinstall but it saved my profile and stats and all. I'm a pretty bad player so those 200 points represented hours and hours. Do I need to reinstall and totally wipe my profile? Could something as small as that do it?