Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to re-install Windows XP?

• Please log in to reply

Chris Premont

Chris Premont

• Pip
  • 1 posts
OK, I have tried everything to get rid of the viruses and malware that have infected my computer, and now I have to clean up my computer and re-install windows. keep in mind, I am computer illiterate and need help. Can any one explain to me step by step how to wipe out my comp and reinstall? Thanks in advance!
:tazz:

Advertisements

Urban Psycho

Urban Psycho

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hmm..
If you have a Windows XP disk and a key, you should be able to simply put the disk in the cd drive right when u start your computer and just follow the instructions.
It should prompt you to format your hard drive at one of the screens, too.
Hope that helps :tazz:

Guest_usetobe_*

Guest_usetobe_*
Click this link and follow instructions to carry out repair install and you will not lose your data.

Click here

Cranky

Cranky

• PipPipPip
  • 131 posts
Check this out.

http://www.wown.com/...ig/wxpinstl.htm :tazz:

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

HERE is a very good tutorial on doing an XP wipeout and re-install complete with pictures..

http://www.windowsre...ldhdd/index.htm

Murray