Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with graphics card

• Please log in to reply

JoeStrother

JoeStrother

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I am not sure if anyone can help me with this but I will post anyway.
I have a graphics card that seems to lock up my computer at random times. This especially happens when I play games. My graphics card is a Hercules Kyro 3D Prophet 4000XT 32MB. It has caused me too many problems so I have just disabled it for the time being. Basically what it does is: At any given time, my computer will completly freeze up, my mouse is not able to move or anything. After a small amount of time, the computer will shut itself down and restart, when it restarts it tells me that my graphics card is at fault. If anyone could help me that would be great. But just to tell you, I do not have the money to buy a new card and I do not have the knowledge to take apart my computer to try and fix it.

Thank you for your assistance

Advertisements

UndeadInsanity

UndeadInsanity

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Either your graphics card is broke or it's overheating.

Make sure that the fan on top of the GPU is spinning correctly, and that the card isn't hot to touch whilst running.

If it isn't, try using some different graphics drivers.

If none of the above works try another graphics card in your system. If your system works with another card then your graphics card is broke, if the other graphics card doesn't work, then another component is damaged.

JoeStrother

JoeStrother

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
(sorry I am really not too experienced with computers)
where would I find other graphics drivers?

woody1977

woody1977

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Here you go matey : http://drivers.soft3...2_MB-22537.html

hope this helps, are you running win 2000?? don't use this if you aren't, will find another one.

cheers woody

woody1977

woody1977

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Sorry just seen you use xp so this should work for ya :tazz:

http://drivers.soft3...4500-22445.html

cheers woody

JoeStrother

JoeStrother

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Using that graphic driver did not work. I e-mailed the makers of the card to see if they could fix it.