Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Disk Boot Failure

• Please log in to reply

seansroom

seansroom

• Pip
  • 1 posts
my computer has an asus a8n-sli premium motherboard, an amd 3000 athlon 64 venice, 2 512mb stix of GEIL value ram, a maxtor maxline 250 gb sata hard drive, a gigabyte geforce 6600 128mb video card, a nec dvd burner and a nec floppy drive. Allright so i get my new computer put together and the first thing i do is put my windows xp pro sp2 disk in and start installing my raid drivers then i install windows. it formats my hard drive, and it sets up. it goes super fast and then i log on for the first time. its so fast and fun. then i get installing drivers and utilties then it asks"please restart system so i click ok and it does. it loads up the windows xp loading screen then it freeazes. so i click my power button to restart it and it comes back on and says DISK BOOT FAILURE PLEASE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER(or something like that) anyway i reinstalled windows and started installing more stuff then it does the same thing. so then i start thinking maybe its my raid drivers. then i install windows without the raid drivers. it works allright , i start installing all drivers and utilities i need. i restart it runs good. so then i start putting in games. i put in far cry and it works great so i put in others and i was playing than quit then it blue screened. i restart my computer . it freezes on the windows xp load up sign again. so i power off and then it loads up and its saying "DISK BOOT FAILURE PLEASE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER" again. so i dont know what to do can anyone help me.

Advertisements