Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP

• Please log in to reply

daylee4hymn

daylee4hymn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have been running Windows XP on a Hewitt Packard for 6 months, no problems. ;) I unplugged the computer to move and when in my new residence I set it back up. Turn it on, nothing. Only the words Hewitt Packard on the screen. It does absolutely nothing. I thought it might be the hot muggy weather we are having here, so I put a fan on it to gently dry it out, if that might be the problem. Still nothing. I have F1, etc. nothing. I even tried putting the Windows XP program back in...nothing. I have a ton of songs downloaded, and my fear us that it might have crashed.
Please Help!!! :tazz:
daylee4hymn

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy and welcome to G2G:

Open up the case and remove and re-seat everything from ram to hdd connections!!

Murray

UndeadInsanity

UndeadInsanity

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Follow Murray S.'s advice.

A cable or component may have been knocked out of place or loosened during the move.

Best of luck!