Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

A new cooling system or fix the old one....

• Please log in to reply

Blue_rue

Blue_rue

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi, everyone:
;)
I have a sony PCV-RS720G pc. Its have a pent 4 3.0 Ghz with 512 mb of ram.
Here are all the specs-http://www.docs.sony.com/release/specs/PCVRS720G_mksp.pdf

anyway...my precessor fan is making the a lot of noise for no apprent reason. I use speedfan and my HD temp is always around 60 c. ;)

My cpu temp is always around 40, even if I dont do anything intensive.

The problem grew worse a few days ago when a power outage occured. :tazz:

The noise is unbearable....I have posted this on some other forums, and have tried anything....like clean the dust, etc.

So, is there anything I can do to slow down my fan and make it a little quiet?
or should I just buy a new one, if so can someone please tell me which to buy? I am a noob....

Somone said that I should just get rid of the fans and install a water cooling system but the systems look pretty expensive and I was wondering if there is a cheaper solution to my problem.

Thanks for all the help.... :help:

Advertisements

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
Sounds like the Fan on the Heatsink is going downhill to me.

Your temps arent bad tho..

Maybe something like this would help http://www.newegg.co...N82E16835118112

You dont need WaterCooling!

Blue_rue

Blue_rue

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Is that compatiable with my system???....I am clueless at this kind of stuff..... :tazz:

Edited by Blue_rue, 17 July 2005 - 04:55 PM.

OneCool

OneCool

banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 466 posts
No ...looking at the PDF you show it wont.

You may want to call the place it was bought from and see if they can help you with a new Heatsink fan setup

Blue_rue

Blue_rue

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
no, I called them and they want me to pay close to $100......for a fan and a heatsink....and extra for shipping and handling......

So, can you recommend another fan???? The guy told me that I had a intel 951 chipset based motherboard...whatever that means... :tazz:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Whats the socket type and mobo name and such get cpu-z nice little bit of software that tells you the basic info.
You just go on newegg or somewhere like that and pick an HSF that matches your socket. Either that or keep your heat sink and put on a new fan usually a 60mm or 80mm fan easily obtainable.

Blue_rue

Blue_rue

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
here is the stuff about my motherboard...I got this off cpu-z....not exactly sure what it means.... ;) ;)

Maunfacturer-ASUSTek
Model-PTGD2-VX Rev 1.xx
Chipset- Intel i915p/915g Rev. B1
Southbridge- Intel----828081FB(ICH6)
Sensor- Windbond-W83627HF...

yeah...I am a complete noob at this....can someone help me.....thanks for all the help.... :tazz:

RogueComGeek

RogueComGeek

• PipPipPip
  • 141 posts
this HSF should work perty nicly in your system :tazz: seems like it would deffintly cool your processor down. and is quiet ;)

Edited by RogueComGeek, 19 July 2005 - 01:30 AM.

Blue_rue

Blue_rue

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
thanks....any other opinions?????

:tazz: