Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Linksys Wireless-G

• Please log in to reply

aldaros23

aldaros23

• PipPip
  • 86 posts
so I'm using this Linksys Wireless-G on my 2nd floor computer to get internet access from the 1st floor computer with a Linksys Router

the problem is that as i'm trying to download music/video the signal strength depletes from highest (54 bps) to high (48) to 36 to 24 bps and then cuts out (sometimes); sometimes it just depletes on its own

so i was wondering whether there's interference or something or anything i can do to make it stay at the highest connection point (which is 54 BPs) - i do sometimes get the highest point - but rarely does it stay at 54 bps

i know about interference so i placed the two as close as possible to each other - they are about 3-4 meters now

thanks in advance

Advertisements