Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Win 2000 pro blue screen cant log in

• Please log in to reply

indrajit

indrajit

• Pip
  • 4 posts
After entering password I get a blue screen and the message" Explorer .exe has generated errors and wil be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program.
An error log is being created".
As soon as I press OK the error messages dissapears and I am left with the blue screen only. This loop is repeated each time I try to log in.

I have tried to reinstall but computer dosent recognise the dvd drive.
I can however access the problem Desk top's HDD from my lap top through lan (part of work group which was set up when things were normal)and can acess all the files as it was possible when the coputer could be logged in.
This is the only way possible to access the computer
Kindly help.

indrajit :tazz:

Advertisements

Les1451

Les1451

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
Have you installed new software recently ?
If so try booting into Safe Mode, press F8, at the boot menu select Safe Mode Command Prompt option.
At the prompt type appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
Remove the recently installed program and reboot.

darth_ash

darth_ash

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,382 posts
Can u tell us the "STOP Error no." from Blue Screen.

indrajit

indrajit

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

After entering password  I get a blue screen and the message" Explorer .exe has generated errors and wil be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program.
An error log is being created".
As soon as I press OK the error messages dissapears and I am left with the blue screen only. This loop is repeated each time I try to log in.

I have tried to reinstall but computer dosent recognise the dvd drive.
I can however access the problem Desk top's HDD from my lap top through lan (part of work group which was set up when things were normal)and can acess all the files as it was possible when the coputer could be logged in.
This is the only way possible to access the computer
Kindly help.

indrajit :tazz:

View Post

indrajit

indrajit

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Have you installed new software recently ?
If so try booting into Safe Mode, press F8, at the boot menu select Safe Mode Command Prompt option.
At the prompt type appwiz.cpl and press Enter.
Remove the recently installed program and reboot.

View Post

indrajit

indrajit

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi,
Thnks for your reply, I was away for a couple of weeks and just was able to ccess the home pc today.
I logged in help mode command prompt option then I got the prompt i typed appwiz.cpl and pressed enter key but the prompt was returned so i typed again and this time i got
"mshta.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program.
An error log is being created."
This exercise was repeated 5 times with the same result.
There is no stop error number displyed when i get the error message while trying to log in the regular mode or when logging in in safe mode under the above instructions.
Kindly help when you can make the time.
indrajit.

:tazz: