- Open HiJackThis
- Click on the configure button on the bottom right
- Click on the tab "Misc Tools"
- Click on "Delete File on Reboot"
- Navigate to this file - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\lsass.exe <==Make sure its the one in the System folder not the one in the system32 folder.
- Double click on that file.
- HJT asks you if you want to reboot, now. Click "YES".
as far as The problem with Task Manager and Quick Launch goes. It looks like your on a office/work based machine. So if thats the case it could be that your IT dept has locked you out of it. If thats not the case, let me know and I will look more into it.
Edited by Excal, 07 August 2005 - 09:49 PM.