Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Drive failers

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
Im new to this forum but it looks like there are people here that know what they are doing so im going to post my question here.
I have just been changing some power connectors around(standard for UV) and a few other mods, my problem started when i pluged in my side fan in turned on the computer and nothing (before the fan it started) so i checked the fan connectors and i relisied that of the 2 connector 1 male 1 female, the female i put the wires the wrong way 12v was feeding into 5v and vise versa. Now both my hard drives now do not work, my combo cd/dvd does not work, but my dvd burner works and so does my cd burner. So does this mean i have lost 3 drives due to a power mess up that i have made or is there something that i am missing or can do.

thank you in advance
jake :tazz:

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,018 posts
  • MVP
did you try taking the new fan out all together? try putting all the old non pretty wires back in. how big is the PSU? what wattage?