Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem with newly installed program

• Please log in to reply

rmprudente

rmprudente

• PipPip
  • 78 posts
I just dl'd and installed a program to create icons and when I try to open it I get an error message that says" C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\mscorwks.dll could not be loaded"
Can this be fixed? And what is the .NET Framework? I know the term but can't ever remember what it's all about. :tazz:

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Some programs require Net Framework to run... and obviously the program you installed does! :tazz:

Open your control panel (Add/remove programs) and check to see if you have Net Framework installed. If not, search google for "Net Framework download", download it and install it.

makai

rmprudente

rmprudente

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
Ok looks like I have the .Net framework but not the most recent version. Duh. I often ignore the optional windows updates so I never had it updated. I'll dl the newer version and see what happens. If doesn't work I'll be back, LOL. :tazz: