Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help with any kind of graphic upgrade?

• Please log in to reply

Untouchable J

Untouchable J

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Good Morning,

Do I have any choice to achieve any kind of graphic upgrade on my value based PC? My current computer specs are the following:

Dell 2400 Series
2.20 GHZ Pentium 4 Processor
768MB of RAM (512MB + 256MB Memory sticks)
40GB HD
Integrated Intel Extreme 3D Graphics (64 MB or 32MB...cant remember)

Obviously I need to upgrade my video card if I want to play games like Battlefield2, Farcry, etc. on this PC, the problem is this computer have no AGP slot, only 3 PCI slots. Any suggestions of some PCI Video Cards that are actually powerful enough to run those type of games I've listed above? The price range for me is $99-$250. Any help, tips, and suggestions are welcomed.

Thank You

-J

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Far cry maybe it actually runs on a 5200 but without AGP nothing is going to play well as they dont make the good cards in PCI.