Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Taskbar Doesn't Switch Programs

• Please log in to reply

pogrady

pogrady

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi.

I have just installed Windows XP Professional. With several applications running, clicking a tab on the taskbar will highlight the relevant program, cause it to flask orange but will not actually switch to that particular application.

Occasionaly clicking the tab three times will cause XP to switch to that program, but failing that I have to minimize all other applications until I get to the one I want. Very inconveniant.

Other problems such as not being able to auto-hide the taskbar, despite selecting this option in the Taskbar Properties tab.

Any ideas please?

Thanks,

Paul

Advertisements

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
Have you tried using another mouse? Does your mouse have special drivers? If it does, try reinstalling them.