Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor gets no signal

• Please log in to reply

kijimuna

kijimuna

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Today I tried to hook up computer I had laying around. I plugged everything in, turned it on and kept getting "SELF DIAGNOSTICS CHECK SIGNAL CABLE NO SIGNAL" I tried reconnecting the cable but nothing changed. I hooked the computer up to another monitor with that I know is working still nothing. I hooked the orginal monitor up to another computer and it worked fine. Then i tried to use a different cable (one that is currently working with another monitor and computer) and it still didnt help. Anyone have any ideas. I used this computer about 4 months ago and it worked fine.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Your gfx card sounds like it has been naffed in some way since you last used it. Is the monitor plugged into your gfx card( if you have one) and not integrated gfx port. If you arent in the situation try removing the gfx card and reseating it.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
so did the monitor work on another computer? (sorry wasn't clear in your post) if you have the ability to....try using the grafix card in the other pc and see if it works there.