Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

help with AGP slot and motherboard

• Please log in to reply

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
I've just bought an AMD 2200+ upgrade set with an ASRock k7vt4a pro motherboard. And on the AGP slot is a sticker which says: Please do NOT use a 3.3V AGP card on the AGP slot of this M/B. It may cause permanent damage.

Unfortunately, my video cards are AGP video cards. How can I find out what the voltage is for my cards? And why would you put an AGP slot on the motherboard if AGP cards shouldn't go in there?

Thanks in advance,

Emery

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
If you know the make and model number of the AGP video cards, try going to the manufacturer web page and see if you can find the voltage specifications there. If you are not sure of the make/model, run Belarc Advisor, it will tell you.

S A A B

S A A B

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
Thanks for your reply. I looked on the manufacturers website and it couldn't tell me what voltage my card is. I also can't run belarc advisor because I am not using the card in any other computers.

Thanks anyway.