Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Problem Ripping From DVD-ROM

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a Compaq computer that runs Windows XP. I'm suddenly having problems ripping CD's into iTunes from the DVD-ROM drive. I can still rip via the CD-RW drive, but at a slower rate (8X vs. 16X+). Once I realized that, I put a CD into the drive outside of iTunes, and, although it whirred around a bit, it never pulled up any music or anything. When I went into "My Computer," the drive showed as being recognized. However, when I went to open up the drive while having a CD in it, it said "Place a disk into the drive." Any help as to what to do? I'm not too proficient with the in's and out's of computers - you know, just enough to get by. Thanks!

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Buy a cd/dvd rom cleaner from your local computer store.

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts
there was an update or a fix i could have gotten for this isue that might have fixed it or made the drives work better. do a serach for well nvm i cant find the site perhaps if you can find it if not pm me your e-mail and i can send you the fix.