Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

email system replacement

• Please log in to reply

jubcoo

jubcoo

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I work as an I.T. for a company with about 400 office employees. We are currently looking at deploying openoffice.org on some of our machines, and also an email system to replacement Outlook 2000. At the moment, we have some alternatives like Barca or thunderbird, but we could also potentially move away from M.S. exchange.

Any suggestions on a viable email system, preferably one that is low-cost or free. We need exchange like functionality and a decent outlook-like email client.

Thank you in advance.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
as long as you stay on exchange and windows then you are limited to outlook. I don't know of any other client software for windows that offers an exchange connector. I do know that there is one for Linux however.