Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Google Adsense and PHP Problems

• Please log in to reply

jeneni

jeneni

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm fairly new to php. Right now I'm only using it to do simple things like link to a header.txt and footer.txt so my layout can be edited easily. Though, I just tried to add google ads to my page and ran into trouble. Originally I tried to place the code in my footer.txt file and when that didn't work I tried to add it to a random page on my site. The result was the same in both cases. Most of the information was gone and a few images were scattered around the page. It looked as if I had coded my tables serverely wrong. I know I did not because I did not change ANYTHING but adding the adsense code.

Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Google claims that there code should work with php, but it's javascript... I'm started to notice that php and javascript aren't good friends... Anyway, I hope that's enough information that someone can help me out with this. Thanks a lot.

Advertisements

sscott

sscott

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
You might want to post examples of your code or the page that is "scattered" so people can get a better idea of what your talking about.

DragonflyLilly

DragonflyLilly

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Epp -- I believe you're right... I in the beginning remember trying to insert a piece of javascript into a php coded file and it didn't take.. it only messed everything up really bad! ;) I can't explain to you why.... but what is it exactly that you're trying to do and do you have any coding examples? I'm not a pro with PHP, but I've been working with it for a little over 6 months... and love it. :tazz: