Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

shhh! My computer is sleeping

• Please log in to reply

dudeit

dudeit

• Pip
  • 4 posts
<_< After purchasing a used ARM (s/n green753) laptop I discovered there was no battery installed. But I had the AC cord so I plugged it in and turned it on. The icons lit up the LCD on the CDrom litup and went out. Every thing seemed fine . And then the ZZZZ icon lit up and wont go off. Sense then I've bought and installed the battery and charged it, made sure all the connection are connected, shut it down and let it charge overnite. I took the battery out and let it rest for a day. Now I'm just hopping I didn't buy a boat anchor. thanks for any help you all can provide

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
You will very likely need a battery for this laptop to operate. Since installing it do you still experience the same problem?

dudeit

dudeit

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Sense installing the new battery the laptop reacts the same. I have discovered a loose conection at the BIOS battery. One of the posts that connect the button battery inside the case is broken I'm hoping that is the cause of the ZZzzz icon.
I'll let you know after I get the connection fixed.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Sounds like you've discovered the problem. <_< That would cause the symptoms you describe.

dudeit

dudeit

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanx admin