Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

suspend-to-disk under Win2k and ntfs

• Please log in to reply

Mikee222

Mikee222

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I have a Dell Inspiron 3500, 300MHz clock, 256 Mb RAM, 10 Gb HDD (with 5.5 Gb free) running Win2K from an ntfs volume. I cannot seem to preserve the suspend-to-disk file no matter how I initialize the drive and install Win2k; every time I format or convert to ntfs, my s2d file disappears.

How can I preserve the s2d file (it's a .bin file) and still use ntfs on a single contiguous volume? (partitioning the drive seems to work but it leaves me with s2d on c: drive and everything else on d: drive, which may give me application and user problems later.)

Is there any way to install the s2d file without reformatting the hard drive and starting over?

Mike Eurice

Advertisements