Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help with a guest account..

• Please log in to reply

jnj637

jnj637

• Pip
  • 4 posts
i'm pretty new to this but basically all i need help with is setting up the guest account so it can't view files that i have on my administrator account..

is this possible? and if it is how can i do it?
thanks for any help guys..

Advertisements

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
I'm not exactly sure if it's this way in english versions of XP because I am translating it from Dutch.

When you're in your admin account, open up explorer and right click the folder(s) that you don't want to have viewed on other acconts. Now, under the option search you will see something like: sharing and protecting. Click that and look at what you can change from there.

Again, I appologise for not having the exact instructions because of my translation.

Emery

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
windows comes with a guest account built in. it is usually disabled by default. the guest account shouldn't have access to anything they don't create. (don't quote me cuz i always leave it disabled...nasty little guests)

jnj637

jnj637

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I'm not exactly sure if it's this way in english versions of XP because I am translating it from Dutch.
When you're in your admin account, open up explorer and right click the folder(s) that you don't want to have viewed on other acconts. Now, under the option search you will see something like: sharing and protecting. Click that and look at what you can change from there.

Again, I appologise for not having the exact instructions because of my translation.

Emery

View Post

yep that worked :tazz:
just had to make it private for the admin account by checking 1 little box.. so simple.. lol

thanks for the help ;)

S A A B

S A A B

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts
You're welcome! Glad I could help you so quickly.

Emery