Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Mail merge printing problem word 2003

• Please log in to reply

derek100

derek100

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, can anyone help with this problem please, I need to print a 2 page letter from the mail merge in word 2003 to send to 20 or 30 people, the first page needs to be on headed paper and the second page on a continuation sheet (blank) I have a brother laser printer 5150D which allows for the selection of different paper trays. The printer will allow for the first page to come from the correct bin and all subsequent pages from a different tray, all well and good, However when printing it doesent see different letters it takes the first page correctly and all subsequent pages from the second tray, I need the first page of each letter from tray 1, and page two from tray 2 in each letter. Is there a way to overcome this problem.
Any help or advice would be much appreciated
Derek

Advertisements

galler

galler

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I had a similar problem with Word 2003 and an HP LaserJet 4650.

You need to set the printer to have no specified paper tray and control which bin is used from the document.

I have letterhead in Tray 2 and plain paper in Tray 3 so I format the merge document with section breaks an the end of page 1 and at the end of the document, then use page setup to tell the printer which paper tray to use for each section.

When Word merges to the printer it will use the tray specified for each section as long as the document setting is not overruled by the printer settings.

loglorry

loglorry

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi I found a really nice print utility that solves this problem for Microsoft Word. You can get a free trial at Tray Selector Print Utility. It really worked well and saved me ages messing about with print setup settings.