Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

BF2 weird online lag.....

• Please log in to reply

slide5050

slide5050

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
hello..i asked earlier about a prob with bf2 on my other pc....but i got another wierd problem on my other pc...it is a dell..(agghh) 2.4 ghz pentium....1gb ram..ati 9700 128 mb pro.. with XP pro..i have all settings on medium except for a few....it runs silky smooth in singleplayer.,.....when i play online the lowest ping servers i can find are 245!!! and thats like 4 or 5....most are upwards of 3500!!! a few are zero, but that's wrong...that's impossible... What the...? i used to have pings of 60-100, on my other pc the ping for CS-S is 30-90, so it's not my net. i have verizon DSL and i have a speed of 1.3 mb per sec... i downlaoded the NEW v1.02 BF2 patch.....not the old memory leak one... i have microsoft spyware beta as well as a linsys router with firewall on...i also have mcaffe security suiet and spybot....everything is patched totally up to date..i checked my anti-everythings, no viruses or spywares.....i shutdown all the antivirus stuff and antispyware when i play to speed the game up....no-go... aggh!! i need help! why am i having such abismal ping?

Edited by slide5050, 18 July 2005 - 03:42 PM.

Advertisements

UndeadInsanity

UndeadInsanity

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hey slide5050 :tazz:.

The Battlefield 2 multiplay server list is buggy at the minute.

I've just been playing on a server, and my ping was 14, although the server browser said it was 258.

No need to worry, it's just a simple bug.

Egorn

Egorn

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
I THERE I HAD ALL SORTS OF PROBLEMS WITH MY BF2 THE OTHER DAY. BASICALLY I COULDN'T GET ONLINE VERY EASILY AND WHEN I DID MY LAG WAS CRAZY. I HAVE A 2MB DSL CONNECTION, 2GB DDR400 RAM, 6800GT RUNNING ON AN ATHLON 64 3500, SO I SHOULDN'T BE GETTING ANY LAG. ANYWAY I MANAGED TO (AFTER UNINSTALLING AND REINSTALLING TWICE) TRACK IT DOWN TO THE ANTI-VIRUS SOFTWARE. BASICALLY IT WAS DELAYING IT SOMTHING ROTTEN. SO CHECK YOUR ANTI-VIRUS SETTINGS

ALSO DOWNLOAD THE LATEST BATTLEFIELD 2 PATCH, 1.02, DO NOT DO 1.1!!!! THIS PATCH CLEARS UPA FEW OF THE STABILTY PROBLEMS AND THEN HOPEFULLY EVERYTHING SHOULD BE FINE!!

BEST OF LUCK AND SEE YOU ON THE BATTLE FIELD!

PS. CHECK OUT THE BF2 STATS WEBPAGE!

Egorn

Egorn

• PipPip
  • 15 posts
SORRY THIS IS IT:

http://bf2s.com

aftershok

aftershok

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
Hey there,

I have BF2. I play it on a Dell Inspirion 9300...

1.6 ghz
512 mb ram
ATI Mobility Radeon x300

I have no problems what so ever.....

BUT.... I had that exact problem on BF1942! It took me about 4 minutes to load a game even in single player! The problem was for multiplayer that I needed to bring my video settings down and it effected the ping...[dunno how:) ]....

anyways......Hope it helps....

regards,

slide5050

slide5050

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
thanks for the help guys... i'll definetly be on there nailin some helos with the anti tank kit...hey, anyone know how to change your screen name once you choose it or make a new profiile and bring in your stats from the old one? i accidently made my profile name CJStrife...woops, wanted it to be slide5050... dunno what ai was thinkin, if anyof ya's know how to change it that'd rock...and ii'lll keep an eye out for ya...thanks..
CJ