Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Privacy Violation Detected

• Please log in to reply

frankdrums

frankdrums

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:tazz: I use Windows XP and Internet explorer. Just now when I opened my browser instead of going to my homepage I get this:

Privacy Violation Detected (502 EPA Waring)
817093-MS05-011 system warning

It goes on to say that my internet activities are being recorded and then gives a link to a website with some software to buy to protect me. Could someone advise me what to do about this?
Thanks

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You're being scammed. They're trying to sell you their (in all likelyhood phoney) privacy protection software, which in equal likelyhood will fill your computer with malware, popups and the like. I would advise you not even to click on the link.

woody1977

woody1977

• PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
http://www.geekstogo...?showtopic=2852

Go here and follow the steps advised, then post a HJT (Hi Jack This) log into the malware forum, sounds like you have some sort of virus/spyware.

cheers woody