Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Firefox

• Please log in to reply

CVH

CVH

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Ok I just switched to firefox and need to set it so tht it never rembers forms and what I typed before like in google etc I hate typing in a leter and it pulling up all of my previous requests by the sme letter. Also I dont want ti to remeber anything. Please help.

Advertisements

fflowergirl

fflowergirl

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Well, CVH...I am not for sure your question but I will answer the best I can since I also just downloaded Mozilla Firefox today.

I had trouble connecting but a wise helper (MAKAI) taught me how to go to
Tools...Options....General...Connection Settings and then to click on 'Direct connection to the Internet'
and now it connects fine.

If I get your question correctly, you would like to be able to delete all the websites you visited....(You actually would even rather they didn't show at all, right?)

It is VERY EASY to clear them.

Go to Tools...Options...Privacy (It shows a picture of a padlock, click on that)
and then click on 'Clear All' and OK and everything is deleted.

I hope this is what you were asking. :tazz:

Sincerely, Janie

Edited by fflowergirl, 18 July 2005 - 05:10 PM.

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
ahh, giving back...well done!

fflowergirl

fflowergirl

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Thank you gerryf...what a kind and thoughtful thing to say.
I appreciate it VERY MUCH...I am sitting here smiling.

Well, off to a Friends of the Library meeting.

Sincerely, Janie :tazz:

CVH

CVH

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Ok thnaks for that. But I dont want to have to clear. Also When I search something from google lets say dog and then go back and type in D it shows all my D searches. How do I shut this off?