Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Converting to MP3?

• Please log in to reply

CVH

CVH

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
Ok I have 25MB worth of music in my real player, all in ACC original format that I am very sensitive about. they are from my CD collection and legal. I have saved them to a second hard drive. I would like to now free up some space by converting them to MP3. What is the best music program out there since I am not set on Real Player and how do I convert them to MP3. I did not like I tunes and I have nero which has a music program on it I have not tried. I am not sure if it will convert them to MP3

Advertisements

gust0208

gust0208

• PipPipPip
  • 311 posts
Hello,

Is there any form of DRM restriction on the AAC files or are they un-restricted? There are a couple of free programs that may be of use.

First, I see you didn't like iTunes, but converting AAC to mp3 is a feature available in that program.

Second, if you can find version r10 (current version is r11) of dBpower AMP Music Converter is a great utility for converting near any audio format.

Another would be Foobar2000, a very nice audio player that allows one-step conversion to a number of formats, including AAC to mp3
[http://www.foobar2000.org/]

Hope that helps out in your quest.

Cheers,
Tom

Ok I have 25MB worth of music in my real player, all in ACC original format that I am very sensitive about. they are from my CD collection and legal. I have saved them to a second hard drive. I would like to now free up some space by converting them to MP3. What is the best music program out there since I am not set on Real Player and how do I convert them to MP3. I did not like I tunes and I have nero which has a music program on it I have not tried. I am not sure if it will convert them to MP3

View Post