Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

It doesnt go to the log in place

• Please log in to reply

TravisPhan

TravisPhan

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
:tazz: i have xp-2, after i turn on my computer, when its at the part where it's loading, like with the windows with the flag. it doesnt go to the login place, it just stops there, i dont know whats wrong? is there a way i can reinstall windows even though it wont go to the desktop

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
have you installed anything recently?

Tap f8 once a second while the pc is counting memory, this will result in a text menu....choose safe mode,

You should be able to load windows in safe mode, and remove whatever you just installed.

TravisPhan

TravisPhan

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
ok i tried going into safe mode, but than it would say a lot of text like mulit(0)disk...windows/systems/something.sys, it would fill up the screen with that, than it goes to another black screen with some text i dont quit remember, but i remmeber it said like dump or something

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
please help us to help you...write down what the error says