Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

password

• Please log in to reply

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
i hav two accounts on my pc mine and my familys both are administrator and mine is pass protected can u still find out my account from the control panel on my familys account and can i make it more safer

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
not sure I follow you....they can change your password from the control panel and get right into your account if they wish (since both are local administrators)....

isn't this something you should be talking over with your family? Maybe you shouldn't all be administrators....I'm a little concerned you are a youngster who doesn't like mom and dad looking over your shoulder.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*

i hav two accounts on my pc mine and my familys both are administrator and mine is pass protected can u still find out my account from the control panel on my familys account and can i make it more safer

View Post

No you cannot find out each others password with windows XP, but you can change one anothers password with out knowing the old on if you are both Administrators.

Being an admin, means that you control EVERYONES account, the system everything.

If you dont want this to happen then set them to limited or hide the control pannel in there login. :tazz: ;)

Supercalifragilistic

Supercalifragilistic

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts
if theyre limited they can hardly do anyrthing though and admin y isnt tonys sig removed and mine is.

im not hiding anything but i dont want my sister to change my password and mess up my settings and files

Edited by Supercalifragilistic, 20 July 2005 - 04:17 PM.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Because the Mods in here did tell me that people are freaking out over seeing there IP and thinkin that maybe people can hack them.

Being a security adviser my self, I change the bottom of my signature cause the last thing that I wanted was people being afraid.

Where If I make it clear to people that its only them that can see there details.

As for takin it off, i am not using it to offend people and I like me little sig.

if one of the Stuff memebers here asked me to take it off WITH A GOOD reason, then yes I will remove it.

Edited by Tony_1983, 20 July 2005 - 04:33 PM.