Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Everything's on but no BIOS

• Please log in to reply

eXp0se

eXp0se

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Unfortunetly the only other graphics card I have is an AGP and my board only has PCI xpress. I would try the onboard video, but the connectors on the mobo are female and my DVI is female as well.

I've had my keyboard and mouse plugged in the entire time. I'm on vacation right now, so I'll try it when I get back home.

Advertisements

jozga

jozga

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Sorry to thread hi-jack, but I have the exact same problem. An attempt to update the bios on my mobo (Asus AV8) means that now when I turn on my computer, everything starts, but the monitor doesn't detect a signal. Exactly the same as you have already said- if I unplug the RAM I get beeps, but if I unplug the graphics card- no beeps.

I have tried everything that eXpose has tried- the CMOS reset etc... but no luck. It occureed to me that maybe the graphics card is just dead- but it seems like that would be a strange thing to happen exactly at the same time as I updated the bios.

Again sorry for thread hi-jacking, but it seems to be exactly the same problem.