Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

bad graphics card?

• Please log in to reply

hawkwing67

hawkwing67

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I'm building a media center computer with

A8N-SLI Deluxe mobo
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 512K 90nm (939) w/ Zalman CNPS7000B-Cu heat sink
MSI NX6600GT-TD128E RT Graphics Card
1GB DDR PC3200 (400) OCZ Premier Memory

On first boot I had the graphics card DVI output connected to Sanyo HDTV HDMI and the BIOS screen was scrambled so I was unable to load OS. Then I thought I needed to set up OS and settings first before connecting to HDTV set. So I removed the graphics card and cleared RTC RAM on mobo. Then I connected a standard CRT monitor to the graphics card and rebooted, same output, the screen still scrambled. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Have you tried reseating the video card?

makai

hawkwing67

hawkwing67

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Yes, I have reseated it twice.

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Do you have another video card you could try.

makai

hawkwing67

hawkwing67

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thats a problem, I don't have another PCI-E card to try and I don't have another motherboard with PCI-E to try either.

Hawkwing67

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
This as you must realize is going to be hard to isolate unless you can get your hands on another vid card.

Does the computer give you a post beep (single beep) when it starts up? I know the screen is scrambled, but you should still get a beep if the ram, vid card, and cpu checks are good.

makai

Edited by makai, 21 July 2005 - 06:07 AM.