Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Access Help

• Please log in to reply

HoserIN

HoserIN

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I need some help. I am creating a simple database in Access that is keeping track of deep cleaned rooms in a hotel. The purpose of the database is to keep track of when a room was deep cleaned, who did it, which supervisor checked, etc. There is a check box used to notify the database when the room is completed. The form I am using to input all the information is very simple, it consists of four drop down menus and one check box.

I have pre-assigned each record with a room number. There are 573 room, therefore there are 573 records. What I want to happen is that when a room is selected from the drop down menu on the form, I want it to display the correct matching record, but the record does not change and the form sits on record one. Does this make sense? For example, if I choose room 3, I want it to show record 3 on the form so the information can be entered. Is there any way I can do this?

Thank you,
-Jose

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,173 posts
Sorry for the delay try this
Access