Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hardware

• Please log in to reply

Peg

Peg

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My cmv monitor is not picking up a input signel from the computer. I have tried turning off power and checking leads ect could this be a virus?

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. Could be a lot of things, even a virus. First, tell us about what happened. What were you doing just before the monitor stopped working? Did you download any software or make any changes to your computer?

Peg

Peg

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It is so odd I just shut the computer down at night and the next morning when I turned the computer on it won't connect to the monitor, it came up with a no input signal and went into standby mode? It's not my computer i'm house sitting which makes it worse. I haven't put any new programs on and have only been using to check e-mails and internet seachers.

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Ok. It just died and you didn't do anything. So when you go to boot up, you turn on the monitor, it powers up. Then you turn on the computer and it boots up but you see no input signal message displayed on the monitor. It could be that the video card died. First, verify that the monitor cable is securely connected to the computer. Also, try booting into safe mode (press F8 as you boot up). Does the monitor work when you boot into safe mode?

jakestaby

jakestaby

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I know this sounds like a stupid suggestion, but I've had the same problem. Unplug both the CPU and the monitor from the wall (or power strip) for abotu 10 seconds, then plug them back in.

It might just be my type of monitor, but it seems like when I make any changes (including removing it from the computer) it's a pain to get going again.

Please let me know if this works for you.