Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

my HJT log.. please help... [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
1. Reboot into Safe mode, and rename C:\Windows\system32\oleadm.dll to C:\Windows\system32\oleadm.old

2. Then delete the file

3. Reboot into Normal Mode

4. Do a system search for all instances of wininet.dll and paste the reults back into your thread.

Regards,

Trevuren

Advertisements

dropdeadgorgeous

dropdeadgorgeous

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
oleadm.old cannot be deleted using safe mode... i got an error message, Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use.

i am now in normal mode and i tried to delete oleadm.old, at first i got an error saying a program is currently using the file, when i hit ok, the file's gone from the system32 folder, but macafee is still detecting it.

i got 2 wininet.dll one from system32 folder and one from the ServicePack folder...

i know its so stupid to ask ;) , but what am i gonna do to wininet.dll...
what program should i use? :tazz:

Edited by dropdeadgorgeous, 21 July 2005 - 12:26 AM.

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
1. Rename the winint.dll in the System32 folder to winniet.old

2. Copy the wininet.dll from the Service Pack folder to the system32/folder

3. When done, Reboot your system and try out your whole system.

4. PLease advise.

Trevuren

Trevuren

Trevuren

Old Dog

• Retired Staff
  • 18,699 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.