Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

High Ping Help

• Please log in to reply

Sparkle

Sparkle

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I dont know anything about Ping or stuff like that. I dont even know what ping is, but I play this game called Call of Duty: United Offensive and my ping goes from 999 to 50. Its been at 999 more often and it usually is really low. I dont know why it is doing that but I need some help. Is there any way to fix it?

Advertisements

UndeadInsanity

UndeadInsanity

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hey there Sparkle, welcome to GTG :tazz:!

Ping is the time it takes your computer to contact the server, measure in milliseconds.

High ping is the result of many things, including but not limited to; a slow internet connection, malware, a busy line etc.

What connection type (cable, DSL, ISDN etc.) do you have, and what speed is it (56k, 512kbps, 2Mbps etc.)?

Check taht you're not running any bandwidth heavy applications, such as updates or file trnasfers whilst playing the game.

Best of luck.