Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

game minimizing during play

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

rrangel

rrangel

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hey all ,

when i am playing world of warcraft my pc goes back to my desktop ... it minimize's the game and the mouse pointer loads as if you were entering a program but nothing happens and i have to click back on it to enter the game again how do i stop this ???

thanks

Advertisements

h1ppy

h1ppy

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
Hi,
Have you got any programs running in the background such as a firewall? Many firewalls will prompt you to allow incoming and outgoing connections etc. Hence minimizing the game to allow you to make the necessary adjustments. Also depending on your computers hardware some games may dump you to the desktop and ask you to adjust your virtual memory settings if there is insufficient resources available. I would think in both the above situations you would be prompted though, rather than have no windows displayed?

Check your task manager to see if there are any other programs running when Windows goes back to the desktop. Look for those using increased memory, obviously excluding Warcraft, Explorer and other necessary system threads.

Hope that helps.

rrangel

rrangel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
ill try and no programs are running in the background i think i will have to see thanks ill tell you if it still goes back to desktop while im still playing as you say task manager to check Processes???

rrangel

rrangel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
sorry double post cant delete >.<

Edited by rrangel, 19 July 2005 - 05:08 AM.

rrangel

rrangel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
i tried it but it still does the same thing any feed back??

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
closed for duplication