Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error Signature, Sudden Crashes WinXp

• Please log in to reply

foxylady

foxylady

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Error Signature
BCCode 40000080 BCP1 86DEB6F8 ETC
;)

My system is unstable. ;) Its a new build with AMD Sempron 3000+, 1GB RAM, 256 FX5000 AGP , WinXP SP2.

:yeah: This was a new build from a company i have used before, and since taking the machine it crashes without reason and comes up with the same message of ERROR SIGNATURE. Some days it works fine, this morning it crashed before i even did anything, one day it crashed 3 times in one hour whilst my neice was downloading music. :help:

I have Norton Internet Sec Suite, and have tried Spybot, Ad-Aware, and the reg checkers and various other programs, but cannot identify what is causing the problem. The company insalled WINXP for me and used a serial number i gave them. I have now installed most of my programs that i like to use but this problem started from the beginning and when i had only the OS, WinXP Office and MS Works installed only. It alwasy gives the same message each time it crashes.

I have downloaded HIJACKTHIS. :tazz:

Can anyone help me identify if it is a driver or WinXP OS that is causing the problem and what i can do to sort it out. None of the programs seem to give you the answer in plain english like '' Your OS is faulty/corrupt and the file XXX is corrupt and making your system crash suddenly, please reinstall windows'' or ''Blah Blah Driver is causing your system to crash, please reinstall and get appropriate new driver'' Or am I asking for something too simple? :help:

Could it be the Motherboard ... i don't know. :help: None of my other systems have had this problem so consistantly.

Hope someone can help me out. Many thanks

Wendy

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
start > run, type
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs that happened at the SAME time as your problem...list them here.[/code]

foxylady

foxylady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hello GerryF, :tazz:

Thanks for the reply, here is the info that you requested. Any help is very much appreciated.

Applications
Error 19.07.2005 11.18 nview.info , category (101) Event 1002,
The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( nview_info ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: NVIEW : iexplore: WAIT_TIMEOUT, while waiting for a read to clear - resetting read event

System
Error 19.07. 10.29. System Error, category (102) Event 1003
Error code 40000080, parameter1 86deb6f8, parameter2 86ca2440, parameter3 80548d8c, parameter4 00000001.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft....link/events.asp.

Kind regards, Wendy

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I'm not sure why you are not getting a STOP error message, but error code 4000080 is almost certainly a driver interrupt request error.

given the frequency and the time of occurent (seems to be at least partially related to downloading), I would concentrate on the network interface card drivers....do you know what kind of NIC you have? What version driver?

foxylady

foxylady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi again,

No i do not know what drivers i have for the NIC. If you tell me where to look i will check it out and get back to you. I'm fairly Ok on the computer and have maintained all of mine and my families PC's but after a while it starts to go over my head, as on this occasion.

Thanks

Wendy

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
download Everest Home

http://www.lavalys.c...p?pid=1&lang=en

unzip it, install it, and then save a report and attach it to your next post

foxylady

foxylady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
here it is, thanks for your time and help,

Wendy

Attached Files

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
Go here

download the lan driver (not the 64-bit)

You want

Version v2.0.1039.1000

NOT the BETA

Let's start with that....

foxylady

foxylady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi Gerryf... done that and downloaded the new driver ;) . What now should i expect ?

Wendy

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
well, install it and see if the problem repeats...

foxylady

foxylady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hi, its me again ;) .... can't thank you enough for your help and your quick replies. I shall see how it goes over the next ten days, as i wont be home for a few days. My son or daughter may use the computer though so we will monitor the situation. I'll let you know if things have improved then.

Thanks again

Wendy :tazz:

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
great...keep us posted